Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
Wellness and Care in Writing Center Work
Table of Contents
1. A Matter of Method: Wellness and Care Research in Writing Center Studies by Genie Nicole Giaimo
2. Naming and Negotiating the Emotional Labors of Writing Center Tutoring by Kristi Murray Costello
3. Imposter Syndrome in the Writing Center: An Autoethnography of Tutoring as Mindfulness by Benjamin J. Villarreal
4. The Hidden and Invisible: Vulnerability in Writing Center Work by Lauren Brentnell, Elise Dixon, & Rachel Robinson
5. Cultivating an Emotionally Intelligent Writing Center Culture Online by Miranda Mattingly, Claire Helakoski, Christina Lundberg, & Kacy Walz
6. Tutors as Counselors: Fact, Fiction, or Writing Center Necessity by Sarah Brown
7. "A Triumph Over Structures That Disempower”: Principles for Community Wellness in the Writing Center by Yanar Hashlamon
Discussion Questions for Readers
About the Contributors
About the Editors
Editorial Assistant, Nicole Pollack
Wellness and Care in Writing Center Work Copyright © 2021 by Genie Nicole Giaimo; Kristi Murray Costello; Benjamin J. Villarreal; Lauren Brentnell; Elise Dixon; Rachel Robinson; Miranda Mattingly; Claire Helakoski; Christina Lundberg; Kacy Walz; Sarah Brown; and Yanar Hashlamon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.